This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Police certificates

The Embassy has no authority to issue Italian Police Certificates.

Italian Police Certificates (Certificato del casellario giudiziale generale, Certificato penale del casellario giudiziale, Certificato dei carichi pendenti) must be requested to the Office of the Casellario Giudiziale of any Tribunal in Italy.

Applicants who are born abroad and have never lived in Italy must appy to the Office of the Casellario Giudiziale of the Rome Tribunal.

Police Certificates can be requested to an Italian Tribunal in person or via Proxy. Please find here a Proxy Form.

If you do not know anyone in Italy that can apply for the Certificates on your behalf, we invite you to contact the Ufficio del Casellario Giudiziale of the Tribunal of Rome and enquiry about the procedure to apply from overseas.

Alternatively, you can seek assistance from Italian private agencies specialised in procuring documents from Italian public administrations ( o